The #GIVEorGO Challenge is an activity in which individuals who have already signed up to go Over The Edge Charlotte challenge 5 people to either join their team and pledge to raise $1,000 and be a hero for kids, or donate to their fundraising efforts.
Why is This Challenge Important to Us?
You may be wondering what rappelling down a building has to do with NASCAR Hall of Fame Foundation or The NASCAR Foundation. The answer is simple: children with education and healthcare needs encounter adversities daily. They demonstrate courage that doesn’t come easily. The children we serve are an inspiration! Will you go Over The Edge Charlotte and be a hero for kids?
Participating in the #GIVEorGO Challenge is easy! Just follow the steps below and remember the most important part is to HAVE FUN!
- SIGN UP! If you haven’t done so already, accept the challenge to be a hero for kids and pledge to raise a minimum of $1,000 to rappel off the Embassy Suites Charlotte Uptown at: https://overtheedgecharlotte.org
- After signing up, you will be given your own fundraising page to be used as your fundraising personal headquarters!
- THE CHALLENGED: Start a list of who you would like to challenge to go Over the Edge. Family, friends, co-workers, celebrities (think local — TV/Radio hosts), professional athletes. Creativity is key!
- LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION! Grab a video camera or a cell phone and record a short #GIVEorGO video.
Below are some examples of content to include:
- INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- EVENT DETAILS: Example: I am participating in Over The Edge Charlotte where I have pledged to raise $1,000 to be a hero for kids and rappel down 100 feet off the Embassy Suites Charlotte Uptown on September 25th!
- YOUR WHY?: Your personal story of why you are doing this challenge will be key to your fundraising efforts.
- THE CHALLENGE: Name 5 people you would like to challenge to go Over The Edge with you. If they are too chicken to GO Over The Edge, ask them to GIVE to your fundraising efforts.
- THANKS: Thank your supporters for helping with your fundraising efforts and encourage them to come out to the event and witness you going Over the Edge!
- BE YOURSELF: Most importantly, be yourself and have fun! People will feed off your energy and enthusiasm for doing this event and will be more willing to participate or donate!
- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! Once you have successfully created your #GIVEorGO video, be sure to share it on social media and through your email contacts. “Tag” those who you have challenged so they are able to see your video. DON’T FORGET to include the link to your personal fundraising site that you created so people will have a place that they can donate.
SAMPLE FACEBOOK POST:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I have accepted the challenge to go Over The Edge Charlotte where I am fundraising to rappel down 10 stories off the Embassy Suites Charlotte Uptown on Wednesday, September 25th! I now challenge (insert 5 names here) to GIVE to my fundraising efforts and help me reach my goal of ($ insert fundraising goal) or GO Over the Edge on my team alongside me! Will I see you at the top? #GIVEorGO #OverTheEdgeCharlotte